Saturday, January 10, 2015

SECOND ACTIVITY



1.      There are many ethical issues about which people hold very strong opinions-abortion, gun
Control, and the death penalty, to name a few. If you were a team member on a project with someone whom you knew hold an opinion different from yours on one of these issues, would it affect your ability to work effectively with this person? Why or why not?

Answer:
Of course not, why would it affect my ability to work with him? Its his own opinion and I have nothing to do with it. Everyone of us has the right to express our opinion and no matter what the opinion is of that person, we just have to listen to it because we have our own opinion too about ethical issues and any other issues. Let us just be open minded and accept the opinion of others.


2.      Identify two important life experiences that helped you define your own personal code of ethics.
Answer:
As a student and a person, I should have my own personal code of ethics. My personal code of ethics will define of what kind of person I am. My experience as the eldest in the family is that I should be responsible in every action I do and every decision I make. Second, is to be a scholar that should focus on studies. My personal codes of ethics let me and were able to help me become a good person and a student. Someone my parents and colleagues will be proud of.

3.      Do you think that the importance of ethical behavior in business is increasing or decreasing? Defend your position.
Answer:
I think that the importance of ethical behavior in business is increasing because everyone of us can be tempted to do unethical things that is not right and good for the business and this shows that it is important to apply the ethical behavior in the business.

4.      Do you believe that an organization should be able to escape criminal liability for the acts of its employees if it has acted as a responsible corporate citizen, making strong efforts to prevent and detect misconduct in the workplace? Why or why not?
Answer:
I believe that an organization should be able to escape criminal liability for the acts of its employees, its up to them if they will hide it or escape from it but I also believe that they should be honest as well. Honesty is still the best policy.

5.      Is it possible for an employee to be successful in the workplace without acting ethically?
Answer:
Yes, it is possible. I believe that those who are successful today, once in their lives they had acted unethically but I don’t generalize them, maybe some. Nowadays, it’s the wise thinker who will succeed and part of it is lying, cheating and stealing which is unethical. But those who have the guts, then they can do those what mentioned.

6.      Should software piracy within the boundaries of third-world countries be tolerated to allow those countries an opportunity to move into the information age?
Answer:
Yes, it would be a big help to other countries if software piracy will be tolerated. It is very unethical but it will help the other countries like ours the Philippines. In fact, even though software piracy is not allowed, still it is very rampant in every country. And the better solution to this is to be tolerated and allowed within the boundaries of third-world countries.

7.      Is ethics training really just a waste of time that will not change the behavior of employees?
Answer:
Maybe or maybe not. We cant say that it is a waste of time because there are people who really needs an ethic training because they don’t know anything about the ethical behaviors and all they believe is that they are professional it doesn’t matter if they act ethically or not. But for me, you can only be called professional if you act ethically and you have your own beliefs in your personal code of ethics. Once you are an open minded  person, you will have the initiative to act ethical behaviors even without the ethics training.

No comments:

Post a Comment